Prosser Information & Application
Prosser Open House is Thursday, January 17, 2019
Because of the multiple differences in the WCCS and Prosser (New Albany Floyd County Schools) calendars, we are providing this as a guideline for Prosser students and families. Below is a list of days that involve a difference in schedule between SCHS and Prosser. Included are guidelines for students and parents depending on Prosser program and transportation availability.
- Dec 19, 20 – Prosser is closed and SCHS is open. Follow Guidelines A
- Jan 21 – Prosser is closed and SCHS is closed unless needed for a snow make-up. If SCHS uses Jan 21 as a snow make-up, follow Guidelines A
- Mar 18 – 22 – Prosser is closed and SCHS is open. This week is listed as possible snow make-up for New Albany Floyd County Schools (NAFCS). Snow make-up decisions about Prosser will be made by NAFCS. Follow Guidelines A for the days of this week that NAFCS are closed.
- May 7 – Prosser is closed and SCHS is open. Follow Guidelines A
- May 24 – 30 – Prosser is open and SCHS is closed. SCHS last student day is May 23rd. Follow Guidelines B
Guidelines A – When SCHS is in session but Prosser is closed
AM Prosser students that can only get to school via bus – Come to school in the morning on your bus as usual. You will be given a supervised resource period during the times that you would typically be at Prosser (AM).
AM Prosser students that can get to SCHS by some other means than the bus – Come to school on time for your 3rd block class, which begins at 10:55. Before going to class, sign in at the attendance office when you arrive to school.
PM Prosser students that can only get home from SCHS via bus – Come to school in the morning on your bus as usual. You will attend your 1st and 2nd block classes as scheduled. After 10:55 when your 2nd block class ends, you will be given a supervised resource period during the times that you will typically be at Prosser (PM). You will ride the bus home at the end of the SCHS school day.
PM Prosser students that can get home from SCHS by some other means than the bus – Come to school on time for your 1st block, which begins at 7:40. After your 2nd block class is over at 10:55, you will be dismissed, lunch will be provided as usual if you choose to stay for lunch.
Guidelines B – When SCHS is closed but Prosser is in session
When SCHS is not in session, students should attend Prosser classes. The procedures and expectations will be the same as the beginning of the school year, (July 26 through August 7) when Prosser was in session but SCHS was not.